gnupic: Re: [gnupic] KTechlab

Subject: Re: [gnupic] KTechlab
From: Wayne Topa ####@####.####
Date: 18 Jul 2005 18:29:54 +0100

####@####.#### is reported to have said:
> On Mon, 18 Jul 2005, Wayne Topa wrote:
>
> >No joy.  I installed libreadline5-dev and termcap-compat but continue
> >to get the QT error.
> >
> >What QT libs do you have installed?  I don't have KDE installed,
> >except for a few apps, so must be missing a lib.  I have these
> >installed:
> >
> >libqt3c102-mt           3.3.4-3
> >libqt3c102              3.3.4-3
> >libqt3-headers          3.3.4-3
> >libqt3-compat-headers   3.3.4-3
> >libqt3-dev              3.3.4-3
> >
> >Do you have some qt3 libs installed other then the above?
> >
> >TIA
> >
> >Wayne
> >

> Well, as far as libqt* goes here is what I have on my system:
>
> libqt3         3.0.3-20020329
> libqt3-compat- 3.3.4-3
> libqt3-headers 3.3.4-3
> libqt3-mt      3.0.3-20020329
> libqt3-mt-dev  3.3.4-3
> libqt3c102     3.3.4-3
> libqt3c102-mt  3.3.4-3
> libqthreads-12 1.6.7-1
>
> Please understand for the next part, I am not well versed with KDE.

Neither am I.  :-)

> It looks like when I run ktechlab there are a bunch of new processes which
> are spawned. These include things like kdeinit, and I think something like
> dcopserver. These are (I suspect), needed to make kde apps work, and I
> think they fall outside of the scope of the libqt packages. it may not be
> a bad idea to install (if possible) the kde base packages at the very
> least. I say this as I see these processes running every time I run a kde
> app.
> Without the ability to run the supporting processes a kde app seems to
> need or want, I suspect ktechlab  will not want to run (or run properly).
> But as I said, I am not well versed in how kde works, I simply have it so
> a few packages I needed will work. It is not unlikely that if you can
> install the base portion of the kde packages that your library problem may
> cease to be an issue.

It turned out to be libqt3-mt that I needed to fix the QT error.  I
had attempted installing it before but didn't when I saw it was going
to delete libqt3-dev.  That is now working and I have a KDE problem
now.  See reoly to David...

Thanks

Wayne
--
Why do they call this a word processor? It's simple, ... you've seen
what food processors do to food, right?