gnupic: Re: [gnupic] sdcc/PIC howto, first draft is up

Subject: Re: [gnupic] sdcc/PIC howto, first draft is up
From: David McNab ####@####.####
Date: 19 Jul 2005 14:02:52 +0100

Peter Onion wrote:
>>I think that having section 4.3 "I had to do it my way" section is not a
>>good idea.

I tried your approach. It worked ok for the simplest programs which
print to tty and blink the led.

(Note that I manually had to manually copy libio18f452.lib from the sdcc
source tree to the install lib dir, because that file was omitted by
'make install'.)

I then tried it on my LCDtest program, and it went off the rails. Same
for a simple program that calls printf with 6 arguments.

However, building those exact same sources using my modified crt0 and
linker script, and according to the instructions posted gave me reliable
running programs.

Until the sdcc devs and/or users more clueful than myself fix that
aspect of the toolchain and doco, I'll stand by the instructions I have
posted.

If any sdcc devs want a copy of the crashing program, please contact me
off-list and I'll send you a copy.