gnupic: [gnupic] [gpsim] How to build gpsim for Debian

Subject: Re: [gnupic] [gpsim] How to build gpsim for Debian
From: Chen Xiao Fan ####@####.####
Date: 23 Jul 2005 02:50:57 +0100

Which part of the installations?

For gpsim I think the direction is clear in the previous posts.
As for other tools, I may be able to write up something but I
do have a hosting site. My writeup will aslo very specific to
Ubuntu or Debian users.

For windows, everything is there: gputils, gpsim and sdcc can
be download from the project website.

For Linux, if one is using Fedora or similar system, the packages
are there as well. Debian is a bit problematic since it only has
the old packages. However one may be able to wait for the official
packages. Gputils and Sdcc are not difficult to build as well. Only
Gpsim was the problem. But now it is not a problem after Scott and
Borut identified the problems. I am just starting to experiment with
Linux for the PIC development.

As for Windows tools under Wine, I think it may not be worth the
effort. I have not done enough test and will not really test the
usability of the Windows tools. Just use Windows when necessary.

As for GEDA, it is easy for Debian users. Just issue "sudo
apt-get install geda". I have not used it. Maybe it is an old
version as well. I have not started with electronics development on
Linux yet. For circuit simulation, I like PSpice and the demo
version is working under Linux with Wine. I am not good at layout
since we have layouters in the company.

Regards,
Xiaofan