gnupic: for starters

Subject: for starters
From: m listus ####@####.####
Date: 1 Aug 2005 21:51:41 +0100

hi list,
i'm very new to pic programming, did some 68k prog...

actually, i'm going for an all on linux development.

i would like to know if there are any limitations to
the current implementations of gputils.

i'm willing to make my own programmer, but i can't
seem to find if the simplest circuits are supported by
gputils.
i can't afford to buy a "branded" programmer, as
they're not available in my city.
i just don't want to start building a programmer
that's only supported on losedows. i have no such
os...

if someone could point me to a working diy pic
programmer, i'll be coming back, the next week to ask
more questions! :P

thanks is advance,
mlistus

ps: you have no search feature on the mailinglist
archive, as i think that'll contain the answers i need.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs