gnupic: Re: [gnupic] Learning PIC on the job

Subject: Re: [gnupic] Learning PIC on the job
From: "George M. Gallant, Jr." ####@####.####
Date: 6 Aug 2005 15:49:36 +0100

Nick,

I have been attempting a similiar project, connecting a robot to a PC.
My results have not been spectacular and had dropped the idea due to
lack of forward progress. Please post progress reports. I should
revisit my prior project.

In summary:

    CPU:                pic16f628
    RADIO:            ABACOM AD_RTD_315
    PROTOCOL:    Software encoded/decoded Manchester
    BAUD:              5K bits/sec (max)

I have redesigned the board to change to a pic18f1320 for greater speed
and
easier to use data duffers.

All work was done using GNU tools: GPUTILS & gEDA.

George