gnupic: PICDEM FS USB demo application

Subject: PICDEM FS USB demo application
From: Chen Xiao Fan ####@####.####
Date: 12 Aug 2005 01:12:32 +0100

I found out a file in my hard disk named fsusb_demo_linux.c
written by Manuel Bessler but I forgot where I got it.

It is the Linux version of the Microchip demo program for
PICDEM FS USB demo board. I slightly modified the source
code and renamed it to fsusb_demo.c and hope it will be
working on both Linux and Windows. However right now it is
only working under Linux. The Windows version fsusb_demo.exe
does not work. There must be some subtle difference
between Linux libusb and libusb-win32

I am not so sure about the original license. However I
assume it will be GPL. Together with fsusb by Rick Luddy,
it is the replacement for Microchip's close source
PDFUSB.exe PC application (PICDEM FS USB demo tool).
fsusb is now working on both Linux and Windows (I did
the simple windows port).

For those interested, please go to Microchip Forum USB
section. By the way, Microchip Forum is actually quite
good.
http://forum.microchip.com/tm.asp?m=107340

Regards,
Xiaofan

Xiaofan Chen
R&D Engineer, Photoelectric Sensor Development
Pepperl+Fuchs Singapore
http://www.pepperl-fuchs.com
Signals for the world of automation