gnupic: [EE] Alternative small MCUs to AVR and PIC

Subject: [EE] Alternative small MCUs to AVR and PIC
From: Chen Xiao Fan ####@####.####
Date: 12 Aug 2005 06:48:24 +0100

Right now my colleagues in Germany are looking for small
MCUs to replace Atmel AVR. We are again facing delivery
problems with Atmel AVRs even though the price is good
and we have lots of code base for AVR. Somehow Atmel
is always fulfilling the requirements of big white
goods company first and ignore smaller customers. This
situation is quite similar to last time when the
price of Flash was hot back 4 or 5 years ago.

Of course I suggest them to use PIC and Silabs MCU just
as we use here in Singapore but they seem to not quite
like PIC (because they like AVR?) and Silabs MCU is on the
higher side of the price range.

Requirement: to replace AtTiny 26, AtTiny 2313, AtMega48/88
1) maxim 5x5mm QFN, 14 to 32 pin package
2) similar in features to the AVR parts. Industrial temperature.
Essential requirement is with built-in comparators and/or ADCs,
internal oscillators and low cost (<=US$2 in 10k quantity)

Any suggestions?

Regards,
Xiaofan