gnupic: Re: [gnupic] Learning PIC on the job

Subject: RE: [gnupic] Learning PIC on the job
From: "Sergey A. Dryga" ####@####.####
Date: 16 Aug 2005 03:39:44 +0100

Byron,
I think your description of the purpose of a bootloader is the best I
have seen so far.  It has to be put in "HowTo" for newbies.

Also, I think that the question "what is better, bootloader or
programmer?" should not be raised at all.  There are situations when one
is better than another.  I suggest the perl approach: there is more than
one way to do things.  Let's give newbies some credit and give them
options to choose from.  BTW, what bootloader do you prefer?  I really
have not had experience with bootloaders since I started with a homebrew
programmer.  I might be able to provide PICs with booloader for newbies.

Cheers,
Sergey

So