gnupic: Re: [gpsim-devel] gpsim on Debian and module troubles

Subject: Re: [gpsim-devel] gpsim on Debian and module troubles
From: Jaime Alberto Silva ####@####.####
Date: 16 Aug 2005 22:28:25 +0100

On last saturday (13 Aug) I updated the gpsim's cvs tree and the
scan.ll problems where  solved (what a coincidence! :) . So gpsim
compiled with the last flex available in Debian etch (2.5.31) and with
the current (last saturday's) CVS version of gtkextra. But the
problems I reported earlier are still there. Here is the .stc I'm
using with a program compiled for a p16f84 with SDCC:

# gpsim

load s luces.cod

module library libgpsim_modules.so

module load pullup pu0
module load pullup pu1
module load pullup pu2
module load pullup pu3
module load pullup pu4

pu0.resistance=1e3
pu1.resistance=1e3
pu2.resistance=1e3
pu3.resistance=1e3
pu4.resistance=1e3

node a0
node a1
node a2
node a3
node a4
attach a0 porta0 pu0.pin
attach a1 porta1 pu1.pin
attach a2 porta2 pu2.pin
attach a3 porta3 pu3.pin
attach a4 porta4 pu4.pin

The code has already been tested in protoboard and works fine, however
in gpsim the porta pins are always read low. Am I doing something
wrong or is this a bug?

There's something else I think you should know, when I try to change
the pullup resistor value using the breadboard's dialog it gives me an
error:

gpsim> change attribute "pu0.resistance" to "5000"
Could not find attribute named pu0.resistance
Could not find attribute "pu0.resistance"

Other throuble I'm having is that gpsim no longer loads the C code, In
the old precompiled Debian version when I load a .cod file builded
from SDCC gpsim loads the C source and allows me to go step by step,
etc. in that source, in this new version it only loads the .asm and
.inc files. How can I make gpsim load the  C source?

Anyway, thanks a lot for helping me in getting gpsim updated in Debian
etch (I hope the package gets updated soon) .