gnupic: [gnupic] k150 USB Programmer and Rick Altherr's pp

Subject: Re: [gnupic] k150 USB Programmer and Rick Altherr's pp
From: Micah Carrick ####@####.####
Date: 23 Aug 2005 18:13:25 +0100

Wow, you're always so quick to respond.  Thanks :)

I believe I have seen some other references to users who have used your
code in Linux and I'm curious to hear there struggles-- if any.

Okay, well I'm going to continue to play around this code when I get a
chance.  Currently gotta do some coding to pay the bills-- but I will
work on it and let you know what I come up with-- if anything :)  As
I've said before, I'm new to Linux programming and C so I'm taking it
relatively slowly.  But I'm definetely interested in getting this
working for Linux and maybe build a simple GUI for it in GTK later.  I
really hate having to reboot in to windows to program the chip.

1. Do you know which header include is missing?
2. Let me see if I understand (I have the protocol, just want to make sure)

- Board is powered up, sends 'B' and then board type (in my case, 3 for
k150)
- At this point, it is NOT in command mode and thus a command 1 won't do
anthing
- I could send a 'P' which should send back a 'P' indicating it's ready
to recieve a command
- Then it can go through the commands as needed.

Am I understanding this protocol correctly?

Micah