gnupic: Re: [gnupic] [PIC] Pickit 2 firmware available from the shipped CD

Subject: RE: [gnupic] [PIC] Pickit 2 firmware available from the shipped C D
From: Chen Xiao Fan ####@####.####
Date: 25 Aug 2005 04:28:35 +0100

I have the adapted host software (a quick hack to Mark
Rages' usb_pickit code base) which can communicate with
the PICkit 2 and read the device ID now. But it then
crashed with segmentation fault. :(

If there are people who are interested, I will post
the code to the Microchip Forum or some other place even
though it is a bit ugly and not fully working now.

By the way, just wondering if anyone is interested to get
PICkit 2 to support dsPIC. There are some people (including
me) who are interested to do it.

dsPIC support is still a bit too far away now since
even 18F support is not there yet. However it will be
good if we can do that soon so that we beat Microchip in
getting the chip support of dsPIC for PICkit 2.
Sounds fantastic, right?

I am afraid that I can only do some basic work with my
basic programming skills but I know there are many capable
people in this group. So I hope more people will want to take
the challenge. :)

Regards,
Xiaofan