gnupic: Re: [gnupic] LCD Example Segmentation Faults

Subject: Re: [gnupic] LCD Example Segmentation Faults
From: Malcolm Coyne ####@####.####
Date: 29 Aug 2005 02:30:34 +0100

Scott Dattalo wrote:

>On Sun, 2005-08-28 at 18:42 -0400, Malcolm Coyne wrote:
>

>>I have been interested in getting the LCD module working but when I run
>>the example code using "gpsim -c lcd_mod.asm" I get a segmentation
>>fault. It consistently occurs on the first time simulation of line 151
>>of the "lcd.asm" code, i.e.,

Thanks for the quick response and a bit of an apology.

This was a typing error on my part. I in fact did follow the
instructions in the README file, each time I thought I had an
environment that would work with the LCD.

I have been working on and off for about four weeks to try and eliminate
all possible sources of the problem which are within my limited
knowledge and experience to determine. Though my experience with Linux
is primarily as an applications user, (I chucked Windows for home use
several years ago.) I did enlist some assistance from a friend, a KDE
developer, who mainly helped me with the dependencey problems to get an
environment that seemed clean. (He was able to recognize the libraries
needed based on the routines reported missing.)

It has been a useful exercise in increasing my level of knowledge is
several areas of Linux and the PIC tools but I am up against a wall now.

cheers,
Malcolm