gnupic: Re: [gnupic] LCD Example Segmentation Faults

Subject: Re: [gnupic] LCD Example Segmentation Faults
From: Malcolm Coyne ####@####.####
Date: 29 Aug 2005 04:56:27 +0100

Scott Dattalo wrote:

>On Sun, 2005-08-28 at 21:30 -0400, Malcolm Coyne wrote:
>

>>Scott Dattalo wrote:

>>Thanks for the quick response and a bit of an apology.
>>
>>This was a typing error on my part. I in fact did follow the
>>instructions in the README file, each time I thought I had an
>>environment that would work with the LCD.
>>

>So just to be clear, are you saying that when you assemble the source and
>then simulate it by typing:
>
>  gpasm lcd_mod.asm
>  gpsim -c lcd_mod.stc
>
>that gpsim will segfault? If this is the case, are you using the latest
>gpsim and lcd source from http://www.dattalo.com/gnupic/gpsim.html ?
>
>I can say that the code in CVS for gpsim and the LCD work fine together. I
>can also say that it is about time for another release. But before I do
>that there are some things I need to fix as a result of the recent I/O
>port redesign.
>

>Scott

You are correct, I am following the procedure as you show above and it
definely and reliably segfaults the first time it tries to change the
state of the LCD's E input.

Also, I am using the latest release versions of gputils, gpsim and the
lcd as provided on the official sites. Also, I have installed and tested
them as laid out in the repective INSTALL and README files.

I'm not ruling out that the problem source could be something silly on
my part, I just don't know where to look anymore.

I am interested in getting this working so would you suggest I tackle
the CVS version?

malcolm