gnupic: Re: [gnupic] LCD Example Segmentation Faults

Subject: Re: [gnupic] LCD Example Segmentation Faults
From: "Scott Dattalo" ####@####.####
Date: 30 Aug 2005 14:59:19 +0100

<snip>
> I am interested in getting this working so would you suggest I tackle
> the CVS version?

Malcolm,

The short answer is: I don't know.

gpsim's CVS is usually stable. However, when there's a major redesign like
the I/O port stuff recently, there are inevitably things that get broken.
On the other hand, the currently released version of gpsim appears to be
broken for you anyway (with regards to LCD usage) so you're kind of
stuck...
I just double checked the LCD module to verify it worked -- and found that
yesterday's commit had broken something. But, then I fixed it again! This
is probably a perfect example of CVS's stability.

I know several gpsim users prefer CVS because often times they can report
a bug today and get the fix tomorrow (assuming that I have the time!). The
difference between checking code out of CVS and downloading the .tar.gz
are fairly minimal. In both cases, once you get the source you have to
build and install it. For the CVS checkout you have to go through a couple
more of initialization steps. So if you want to experiment with the LCD
code, your only option at the moment may be to check stuff out of CVS.

Scott