gnupic: Re: [gnupic] small gpsim feature requests

Subject: Re: [gnupic] small gpsim feature requests
From: David McNab ####@####.####
Date: 11 Sep 2005 01:25:01 +0100

Scott Dattalo wrote:
> Sorry for the late response - I received this just before going out of
> town last weekend and have been busy/pre-occupied since.

np

>> - in the source display window, any chance of you adding a handler
>>   for mouse wheel events in the main pane, so I can scroll using the
>>   wheel without having to position the mouse cursor over the right-hand
>>   scrollbar widget?

> This bug appeared when gpsim started linking against gtk-2.X. This used to
> work in gtk-1.2.X. I've only briefly looked into the cause, but I'll give
> it some more priority.

I don't know gtk-*.*, but if it's like other guis with the same bug,
then there might be a workaround option - adding an explicit handler for
mousewheel events within the pane.

>>       for the STATUS bits 'Z', 'N', 'C', 'OV' and 'DC'. (Yeah, I

> Yes, I've thought about this - though not the way you're suggesting. A
> while back I made the status bar a dynamically configurable (at compile
> time) widget. This is how the BSR get's placed there for the 18f devices.
> I was thinking about creating bit field items for the status bar and
> placing the STATUS register bits in there.

As long as user can see labelled values for Z, N, C, OV etc, that'll
work for me.

>>     - please reinstate the left-edge labels showing the register
>>       addresses - the 0x00, 0x10, 0x20 etc

> This bug is due to gtk-extra. I've contacted Adrian (the maintainer og
> gtk-extra) but he hasn't/can't fix this.

With stubbornly buggy GUI APIs, sometimes the needed workarounds can be
ugly. You got my sympathies.

>>     - the blue highlighting of register cells upon a write to that

> Would another color perhaps be useful to differentiate change vs. access?

That would be great - different colours for:
 - register write with new value (maybe blue)
 - register write with same value (maybe violet)
 - register read (maybe green)

Lastly, Scott, thanks for your ongoing energies.

Cheers
David