gnupic: Re: [gnupic] RE: [PIC] Mini Howto: Microchip tools under Linux with Wine

Subject: Re: [gnupic] RE: [PIC] Mini Howto: Microchip tools under Linux with Wine
From: Wayne Topa ####@####.####
Date: 12 Sep 2005 04:14:41 +0100

Rob ####@####.#### is reported to have said:

> Easy B wrote:
>
> >I think a lot of people would be happy if your package would compile
> >fine in the gnu make/gcc environment. With gcc and the right binutils
> >it should be possible to compile the app for any platform, right? If
> >your code is POSIX, it should compile on Mac OS X (my OS) too, so I
> >would be satisfied as well. I'd be happy to help if I can and I think
> >others too, if there are real advantages over the python xwisp.
>
> Mac OS is a good argument, sorry that I forgot. I have used GCC before
> for Xwisp2, so I don't think it will be difficult to 'convert' it. I'll
> see what I can do.

Rob

   A long as your debugging, I found another i=on in the xwisp2u
   executable.  running ./xwisp2u HELP seg faults when it tries to
   print out the Target Pics.  ie:

LAZY      : use lazy programming        TTY [m] b : same, for m see PASS
LOAD f    : file f to buffer            VERBOSE   : enable screen logging
LOG f     : log to file f               VERIFY f  : load f, check
PASS m    : enable passthrough          WAIT n    : wait n milliseconds
            m = B6T, B6I, AUXT, AUXI    WRITE f   : load f, put
PATCH OFF : clear patch list
>>> The following target PICs are specified in the configuration file:
Segmentation fault

The xwlistu executable works as advertised.

BTW, I would also like to be able to compile from source.

Cheers
Wayne
--
Every program has two purposes -- one for which it was written and
another for which it wasn't.