gnupic: HID keyboard code for gpasm and the fs picdem board

Subject: HID keyboard code for gpasm and the fs picdem board
From: Ben Dugan ####@####.####
Date: 14 Sep 2005 15:02:45 +0100

The following message was bounced back to me with a message from qmail
that it was rejected for being > 30000 bytes.  I removed the attachment
and am resending it, even though the attachment was 26k.  If anyone
would like me to send it to them directly, please let me know.  I have
also sent it to the USB forum on the Microchip site, so you can pick it
up there, too.

-----

I've been converting Brad Minch's "Lab 2" code to work with gpasm and to
be bootloadable on a full speed picdem board.  His code uses "structured
assembler" and I thought it was relatively readable, which is why I
started out on this project with it.

What I did to get it to work is pretty simple in hindsight, but I'm
attaching it here as a zip archive in case it helps others to get
started faster than I could to get an HID keyboard function going with
gpasm and a picdem fs.  I've tried to describe the changes in a
README.txt file, and in the source files.

I want to thank Bill Freeman who got me over a gpasm macro hurdle,
Allesandro Zummo for providing a terrific perl script for bootloading
the program, and, of course, Brad Minch.

I make no claims about the robustness of this code, or any other virtues.

Ben