gnupic: Re: [gnupic] RE: [PIC] Mini Howto: Microchip tools under Linux with Wine

Subject: Re: [gnupic] RE: [PIC] Mini Howto: Microchip tools under Linux wi th Wine
From: Wayne Topa ####@####.####
Date: 14 Sep 2005 15:49:46 +0100

Chen Xiao ####@####.#### is reported to have said:
> That is pretty strange. Your system is rather similar to mine.
> And I am using the same binary package as you.

Hmm
Strange is right.  I tried the binary pachage under wine and the only
.exe that runs is XWlistw.exe.  All of the others fail with the message
 "error=12 [xwisp2.exe|wisp2w.exe|XWlist.exe]
 is a OS/2 linear executable file (LX) file!"

> Can you program any chip using xwisp2u?
> 	./xwisp2u port /dev/ttyS0 write test.hex

I don't have a Wisp628.

I will not use Winbloz so am trying to find a programmer that has
working linux software, before I buy a better one.

I am currently using icprog, under wine, with a Olimex Pic-pg2c.
I have not had any problems with it on any PIC yet.

> I have not tried the GCC patch yet. The original source is
> compiled using OS/2 version of Watcom C testing version.
> I have not tried using Windows version of Watcom C testing
> version yet and I will prefer to use native Linux GCC
> to build the source. Anyway I think Rob will come out the next
> version of xwisp2 with native Linux GCC support.

I read the piclist and gnupic lists so have followed the threads about
Xwisp2.

I finally got the patchs installed.  They would not patch correctly so I
had to manually patch all of the files before it would compile.  The
line numbers in the patches were different then the source files I
have.

No Joy.  xwisp2u still seg faults here.

Woulters xwisp.py does run but the last update was FEB-2003 so I'm
wondering how up-to-date it is.

I am not aware of any linux program that works with Olin's EasyProg,
are you?

Wayne
--
Nobody said computers were going to be polite.