gnupic: [gnupic] Different hex file generated by gpasm and mpasm

Subject: Re: [gnupic] Different hex file generated by gpasm and mpasm
From: Martyn Welch ####@####.####
Date: 20 Sep 2005 10:27:44 +0100

----- Original Message ----------
On Tuesday 20 September 2005 01:11, Chen Xiao Fan wrote:

> The file in question is a single relocatable assembly
> file and I do not expect too much difference in the
> generated assmebly. Since both are working in the final
> application, both must be correct. Still I am just
> a bit curious what is the difference between gpasm
> and MPASM.

One is open source,the other isn't.

As far as I understand, some consideration has been made to keep the syntax
for gputils the same or at least similar to mpasm. As a result the operation
of the application should be broadly the same, however gputils is not a
cloned implementation of mpasm (this assumes the logic used during
compilation doesn't change between revisions).

There is more than one way to get the approximately the same point. For
example, could you tell the difference between these two blocks of code once
compiled and running?:

1)
int main(){
	char i = 0;