gnupic: Re: [gnupic] error -> processor is not valid

Subject: Re: [gnupic] error -> processor is not valid
From: "Scott Dattalo" ####@####.####
Date: 27 Sep 2005 15:09:44 +0100

On Mon, 2005-09-26 at 16:16 +0200, Heiko Polster wrote:

> Dear ladies and gentlemen, I have installed gpsim on WXP. I have paid
> attention to the instructions "setting up the runtime" of your web page.
> Unfortunately, it comes to the following mistake messages by the start:
>
> c:\programms\gpsim\my>gpsim -s iopin.cod

Hi Heiko,

When you refer to the "web page", I assume you mean:

http://gpsim.sourceforge.net/gpsimWin32/gpsimWin32.html

And that you found the snap shot link here:

http://gpsim.sourceforge.net/snap.php

And that you downloaded the self-extracting executable for gpsim and are
running that.

If these are all true, then you probably also noticed that the gpsim
installer created an entry in your Windows start menu and placed a gpsim
icon on your desktop. You should invoke gpsim through either one of these.
If you want to run gpsim from the command line like you show above, then
you should invoke the same .bat file that the shortcut's on your desktop
and Start menu reference.

I think the issue you're having is that gpsim is not able to find the
.DLL's needed to run.

If you did not install gpsim from the self-extracting installer, then try
invoking gpsim from within the same directory all of the .DLL's are
located. (I believe that's the gpsim\bin\ directory).

Scott