gnupic: ANNOUNCE: gpsim-0.21.11

Subject: ANNOUNCE: gpsim-0.21.11
From: "Scott Dattalo" ####@####.####
Date: 5 Oct 2005 07:47:48 +0100

I've released version 0.21.11 of gpsim:

This is my first attempt at using the SourceForge site for distributing
releases - I think I figured out everything correctly, but buyer beware!
If this goes smoothly, then all future releases will be made through
SourceForge instead of my personal website.

If you've been following the gpsim development, you know that a lot has
changed since the last announced release (which was gpsim-0.21.4). It's
hard to say exactly what's changed other than ALOT! There are over 1300
new lines in the ChangeLog since the last release and probably around 200
documented changes. Some of the major ones are:

 - I/O ports have been redesigned.
 - load command h/c/s options have been dropped (now they're automatically
determined.
 - regression tests now make use of assertions
 - added support for simulator scripts embedded in .asm files.
 - added the '.' scoping operator for accessing module attributes.
 - LCD module works with Windows.
 - LCD gui updates are now syncronized with gpsim gui updates.
 - register assertions now support <,>,<=,>=, and != in addition to ==
 - file names starting with numbers or those containing spaces are now
supported
 - Time/Cycles viewer was redesigned and moved to the dispatch window.
 - Added support for the GPSIMPATH environment variable.
 - Numerous Symbol Table enhancements/bug fixes
 - Updated INSTALL notes for Debian
 - break command can now dump separately read,write and execute bps.
 - Stimuli now support multi-state logic (e.g. 1,0,Z,W,X)
 - -D invocation option can define a symbol
 - Symbols can now be created at the command line.
 - stimuli are now part of the symbol table
 - a trailing '.' is a wild card operator for symbol names in the symbol
command.
 - step-over feature works for skips and double-word instructions now.
 - Watch window has been enhanced.
 - The 16C56 and 10F200 are now supported

And dozens if not hundreds of bug fixes were made (and probably an equal
number introduced too!).

I didn't do all of this work - many of you were big contributors too. J.R.
Heisey added many of the new features listed above. In addition, there
were contributions from Robert Pearce, Ralf Folsberg, Borut Razem, Manuel
Bouyer, and others I can't recall. Finally, there have been many very
helpful bug reports from too many to count. Thanks!

Scott