gnupic: Re: [X_SPAM] Re: RE: [gnupic] Programmer for 18f2550

Subject: Re: [X_SPAM] Re: RE: [gnupic] Programmer for 18f2550
From: Julian Green ####@####.####
Date: 19 Oct 2005 14:16:47 +0100

For those interested:

At present my programmer is not working, but it does produce the waveforms
that are shown in the programming spec so things are looking promising.

It interfaces to the host computer via 3 wire RS232.  It may be possible
to use the power from the RS232 interface to power the programmer and
provide vpp, but at present this is done by external PSU.  Its wired up on
a small peice of bodge board.

The host computer sends the 3 bytes (as per programming spec) to the
programmer that simply acts as a protocol converter turning the RS232 into
clock, data, and vpp.  The programmer then echos back the hiByte, which
can be used to verify that the comms line is working and also read values
from the device.  The spare upper 4 bits of the command byte are used as
programmer control bits.

Julian