gnupic: Re: [gnupic] Building of gputils using MinGW/MSys under Windows

Subject: Re: [gnupic] Building of gputils using MinGW/MSys under Windows
From: Xiaofan Chen ####@####.####
Date: 27 Nov 2005 14:03:11 +0000

On 11/27/05, Craig Franklin ####@####.#### wrote:
> I should probably make this configurable from the command line, but to
> my knowledge you are the first person, other than me, to use it since ~2002.
>
> >Maybe it is a good idea to bundle these two scripts in the
> >source snapshot package.

> Thought about it, but decided against it.  Too many special
> environments/systems out there to support everything.  Things would get
> real messy.  The scripts are version independent and configured, so the
> scripts directory is a good home for them.

I am surprised that nobody else uses this script. Maybe it is because the Win32
installer version (now we only have stable version, no CVS snapshot version) is
good enough and gputils are very stable already. In fact I think the version
number should be boosted and the readme file to be changed to indicate it is
very stable already. ;-)

Just wondering if it ist possible to distribute snapshot binary package like
SDCC and GPSIM-win32? Daily snapshot is not necessary, perhaps only when
the CVS version has some nice-to-have features the stable version does
not have.

Regards,
Xiaofan