gnupic: Re: [gnupic] Building of gputils using MinGW/MSys under Windows

Subject: Re: [gnupic] Building of gputils using MinGW/MSys under Windows
From: Craig Franklin ####@####.####
Date: 27 Nov 2005 16:11:50 +0000

Xiaofan Chen wrote:

>On 11/27/05, Craig Franklin ####@####.#### wrote:
>

>>I should probably make this configurable from the command line, but to
>>my knowledge you are the first person, other than me, to use it since ~2002.
>>

>>>Maybe it is a good idea to bundle these two scripts in the
>>>source snapshot package.
>>>

>>Thought about it, but decided against it.  Too many special
>>environments/systems out there to support everything.  Things would get
>>real messy.  The scripts are version independent and configured, so the
>>scripts directory is a good home for them.
>>

>I am surprised that nobody else uses this script. Maybe it is because the Win32
>installer version (now we only have stable version, no CVS snapshot version) is
>good enough and gputils are very stable already. In fact I think the version
>number should be boosted and the readme file to be changed to indicate it is
>very stable already. ;-)

You have suggested this several times.  Appreciate the compliment, but
there are still some big bugs that should be fixed.  I doubt the version
has keep people from trying gputils.

>Just wondering if it ist possible to distribute snapshot binary package like
>SDCC and GPSIM-win32? Daily snapshot is not necessary, perhaps only when
>the CVS version has some nice-to-have features the stable version does
>not have.

I update a source snapshot, but never made a binary snapshot.  If a good
fix gets committed I really should bump the version and release it.
Might start doing it.