gnupic: Re: [gnupic] building problem with Ktechlab on FC4

Subject: Re: [gnupic] building problem with Ktechlab on FC4
From: David Saxton ####@####.####
Date: 19 Dec 2005 14:25:46 +0000

On Sunday 18 December 2005 23:54, Scott Dattalo wrote:
> >> I checked the code out of svn and ran
> >>
> >> $ ./configure --prefix=$(kde-config --prefix) --enable-debug=full
> >>
> >> and got this error:
> >>
> >> checking for rpath... yes
> >> checking for KDE... libraries /usr/lib, headers /usr/include/kde
> >> checking if UIC has KDE plugins available... no
> >> configure: error: you need to install kdelibs first.
> >>
> >> However, I *do* have kdelibs installed:
> >>
> >> $ rpm -q kdelibs
> >> kdelibs-3.3.0-5
> >>
> >> I'm using FC3-64bit.
> >>
> >> Any ideas on what may be the problem?
> >
> > Do you also have the kdelibs-devel package installed?
>
> $ rpm -q -a | grep kde | grep devel
> kdesdk-devel-3.3.0-1
> kdelibs-devel-3.3.0-5
> kdenetwork-devel-3.3.0-5
> kdevelop-3.1.0-2
> kdegraphics-devel-3.3.0-3
> kdeutils-devel-3.3.0-2
> lockdev-devel-1.0.1-3
> kdebase-devel-3.3.0-8
> kdepim-devel-3.3.0-2
>
> > Google can probably help much more than I can, as that error message
> > seems pretty common.
>
> I did some googling and this does appear to be a common problem. But there
> doesn't appear to be a common answer! There's info about klineedit needing
> to be changed KLineEdit (not clear where one makes the change), and other
> info about Qt libs being built with a different compiler than the KDE
> code. One person mentions just deleting the check from the confiugre
> script since the UIC stuff isn't used anyways?! But the stuff I've got
> installed is straight from FC3 RPMs. If I need to recompile, then what
> exactly is it that needs recompiling? BTW, the last time I tried to check
> out KTechLab (way back) I had compilation/configure problems that I
> couldn't resolve so I gave up...

A mismatch between Qt and KDE packages seems the most likely culprit (as you
said, mismatched compilers could cause it, but apparently other settings may
also have an effect...). So you could try simultaneously updating your qt and
kdelibs packages.

If that doesn't work, then I have no ideas - you could send me the config.log,
although I doubt how useful that would be.