gnupic: Re: [gnupic] How simputer COULD HAVE succeeded ?

Subject: RE: [gnupic] How simputer COULD HAVE succeeded ?
From: "James Newtons Massmind" ####@####.####
Date: 19 Dec 2005 18:02:36 +0000

> > Cell phone giant Nokia has launched a portal to manage its
> open source
> > software projects and promote community involvement.
> > Opensource.nokia.com[61] features Nokia open source news
> and links to
> > all of its OSS projects.

As an aside, did you hear how Nokia got it's name?

Wait for it....

It's the sound made by siamese elephants joined at the trunk!

I'm sorry... I can't help it. That one just kills me and I think of it every
time I hear the name Nokia... The joke is based on an old Tim Conway routine
on the Carol Burnet show
<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/6303364985/104-3977341-988152
3?v=glance>
 where Tim just starts ad-libbing to try to crack up the others (rare huh?).
The monolog ends up being so funny that the skit falls apart and all the
other cast members are just doing everything they can to keep from laughing.
He ends up by describing a pair of baby elephants who are born joined at the
trunk. He went on about how sad it was and how when one would sneeze, the
other one's eyes would get really big... And a monkey would do tricks
hanging from their trunk... Then he says the other elephants would trumpet
but these two would just make this sound... And then he says (I swear he
does) "Nokia!" At that point Vicky Lawrence says something really rude about
Tim and the cast falls apart. Dick Van Dyke literally falls off the couch
and rolls on the floor. It's a classic. And it totally ruins the name Nokia
for anyone who has seen it and made the connection.

Your welcome.

---
James Newton: PICList webmaster/Admin
####@####.####  1-619-652-0593 phone