gnupic: Follow-up question to the thread about Ben's port of Brad's Lab2 to gpasm

Subject: Follow-up question to the thread about Ben's port of Brad's Lab2 to gpasm
From: Nicholas Robinson ####@####.####
Date: 30 Dec 2005 23:39:03 +0000

Hi

I've joined the list having seen this thread and downloaded Ben's port of
Brad's code. Thanks to both for making their work available. I'm extremely
new to pics.

I'm using an 18f2455 so I took Brad's lab2.asm code and made the minimal
changes to make it assemble/link with Ben's ported macro file because Ben's
version uses a 4455 with PORTD's, etc.

It's built into a homebrew (very minimal) circuit that seems to work to some
extent - I can write programmes that will blink leds at more or less the
intended frequency!!! I've got a 4MHz crystal strapped across OSC1 and OSC2
with 22pf ceramic capacitors from each pin to ground. I've changed the config
fuse settings to INTOSC_XT.

On running the firmware, the RA0 status led to come on, but the device isn't
being recognised by the Linux box and obviously the host app code doesn't
find a matching device.

I'm guessing that I've made some mistake either with the crystal hardware or
the config fuses - or knowing me, both!

I'd be grateful for any help.

Nick