gnupic: Re: [gnupic] GPSIM / dsPIC

Subject: RE: [gnupic] GPSIM / dsPIC
From: "Andrew Nguyen" ####@####.####
Date: 17 Jan 2006 14:33:54 +0000

I have not had too much time to evaluate the gpsim architecture.  For my
intended purposes of simulation, I was hoping to be able to import a hex
file into gpsim and simulate it.  Where the hex file was built from
shouldn't be an issue.  Of course, I don't even know if the above will
work and any suggestion are greatly appreciated.  As for building their
GPLed assembler, I suppose that would be an option - with respect to
licensing, there shouldn't be anything preventing our use of the
'closed' files as long as they are not redistributed.  I know that's no
where near ideal but it may have to do if an assembler is needed on
Linux.

I still have much to learn about gpsim...

--Andrew