gnupic: Serial programmer for USB parts?

Subject: Serial programmer for USB parts?
From: Robert Wohleb ####@####.####
Date: 29 Jan 2006 20:09:52 +0000

I've had luck so far with the JDM 2 and a PIC16F88. However, I worked
with the PIC16C7x5 USB chips on a job and want to try the newer PIC18F
USB chips. Not having the commercial equipment from the job, and wanting
to work in Linux, I'm stuck looking for an easy home-brew serial
programmer like the JDM and associated tools.

Is the JDM 2 capable of programming the newer PIC18F USB chips?
(http://www.jdm.homepage.dk/newpic.htm)

Has anyone had experience with the JDM variant on Instructables that
claims to support the PIC18F USB chips.
(http://www.instructables.com/ex/i/6D80A0F6DA311028931A001143E7E506/?ALLSTEPS)

Has anyone had much luck with SDCC and USB on the PIC18F USB chips?

~Rob

It is by Caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion
It is by the beans of Java, that my thoughts acquire speed
The hands acquire shakes; the shakes become a warning
It is by Caffeine alone that I set my mind in motion