gnupic: Re: [gnupic] WISP628 programmer layout design?

Subject: Re: [gnupic] WISP628 programmer layout design?
From: Xiaofan Chen ####@####.####
Date: 4 Feb 2006 01:41:34 +0000

On 2/4/06, Jay Dagenais ####@####.#### wrote:
> Hi all, I hope that this is not too off topic for the forum, but am seeking
> a board layout file for the WISP628 PIC programmer design that is available
> online freely and for sale as a built unit, the site provides virtually
> everything but no layout file for the schematic.

You are not allowed to post the layout online. Please read the
"Legal notes" section from Wouter's website.
http://www.voti.nl/wisp628/index_1.html

It specificly says that you can not provide the deign to the public.
"It is allowed to design and make a Wisp628 PCB, but it is not allowed to
have it made for you by a PCB company, nor is it allowed to sell such a
PCB, or to provide the PCB design to the general public."

Anyway, I do not think it is too difficult to build you own Wisp628A
using the schematics. To be honest, my wisp628a is still on a breadboard
with flying wires (a shame, I know) but it simply works.

Be careful with the serial cable though, low quality cable will have
problem with communication.

The best software to go with Wisp628A is xwisp2 from Rob Hamerling.
http://www.robh.nl/picsoft.php

Regards,
Xiaofan