gnupic: Re: [gnupic] [PIC] piklab now supports ICD2 and PICkit 2 programmer under Linux

Subject: RE: [gnupic] [PIC] piklab now supports ICD2 and PICkit 2 programmer under Linux
From: "Scott Dattalo" ####@####.####
Date: 17 Feb 2006 14:57:07 +0000

I'd also like to point out that you shouldn't get too excited yet...

At the moment I'm writing regression tests to test the p18f extended
instructions that I just added. After that I'm going to have to address
some gui issues; the latest version of gtk is finally deprecating some of
the old gtk API that gpsim currently uses. As a result, the source browser
text is getting mangled. The good news is that I've been redesign this
code over the last few months (if you click on the menu item
edit->preferences, this brings up a mini-source browser window that is
built using the new gtk API)

> Hopefully piklab/ICD2 will work with quite some dsPICs. Some
> of the dsPICs should be supported but I have not tested any
> dsPICs yet with piklab. I will do it soon with a 30F2010
> using ICD2.

At one time, gpsim supported the ICD (but this code has not been
maintained). Now that I have an ICD2, I'll probably look into what it
takes to add support for it.

Scott