gnupic: my .hex files don't work in gpsim-cvs

Subject: my .hex files don't work in gpsim-cvs
From: bill sack ####@####.####
Date: 14 Mar 2006 02:30:18 +0000

hi again,
i finally got the cvs version of gpsim on 031206 and ran some of the new
usart_gui examples ... very cool. however, when i try some of my own hex
files, they don't work anymore. i'm using the CCS C compiler (i'm
assembler illiterate), and even trying some tried-and-true "hello world"
and blinky programs that worked in earlier versions of gpsim now throw
the following errors:

in the console window on startup / file loading:

<etc.>
Symbol_Table::add(): Warning: failed to add symbol because a symbol by the name 'line_0008'
already exists, new object is type line_number_symbol

Symbol_Table::add(): Warning: failed to add symbol because a symbol by the name 'line_000a'
already exists, new object is type line_number_symbol

Symbol_Table::add(): Warning: failed to add symbol because a symbol by the name 'line_000c'
already exists, new object is type line_number_symbol
<etc.>

the 'Program Memory' window shows the following:
address   opcode   instruction
0x0000   0x3000   movlw 0x00
0x0001   0x0000   INVALID
0x0002   0x008A   movwf pclath
0x0003   0x0000   INVALID
and so on ...

my compiler version is CCS PCM 3.188

if it would help, i would happily attach one of my hex files, a simple
and small one.

-bill

ps - does anyone have any experience with getting the CCS .cod files to
work in gpsim for more of a symbolic debugging approach?

**gpsim> load c "***ERROR: syntax error, unexpected $undefined while parsing:

''

 Last command: load c "blink-876.cod"