gnupic: GCC port of PIC

Subject: GCC port of PIC
From: "Colm O' Flaherty" ####@####.####
Date: 14 Mar 2006 18:44:13 +0000

Hi,

I'm interested in putting together a GCC port for PIC (14 bit PICs
initially, using gputils rather than a custom built PIC binutils, for the
sake of simplicity).  There are some mails on the subject in the gcc mail
list.  This would give us the ability to code for PICs in all the languages
that GCC supports: C, C++, Ada, Fortran, Java, for example.  I'm looking for
any help I can get at this point.  This list could provide lots of PIC
experts, for example, as well as hopefully, a few coders.

If anyone has any thoughts on the subject, or can help with the design,
coding, testing, documentation, or anything else, please feel free to let us
know!

I'm aware of, and use SDCC.  I think it would be fantastic to use all the
pre-existing functionality built into GCC though (front end languages,
optimisation, etc)... all we need to do is provide a back-end for it to PIC!

Colm