gnupic: GNUPIC or not GNUPIC?

Subject: Re: GNUPIC or not GNUPIC?
From: Craig Franklin ####@####.####
Date: 11 Apr 2001 06:01:55 -0000

The GNU police are about to knock down my front door!!!!  I can hear the theme
to COPS in the distance.

Do we know their requirements?

We would probably have to conform to their coding standards.  Not a problem
if you are starting a new project.  It could be a headache for us.  This is
one of several issues that would require substantial number of man-hours.
Considering the size of our development team, I think our users are better
served by improving the applications instead of conforming to an arbitrary
standard.

Out of respect for the FSF, I say we redefine the acronym for the programs
and get on with life.

I am thinking the "G" in GPASM/GPSIM stands for ...

(drum roll)

"G".