gnupic: Re: [gnupic] gplink and .lst files

Subject: Re: [gnupic] gplink and .lst files
From: Craig Franklin ####@####.####
Date: 28 Mar 2006 07:05:05 +0100

George M. Gallant, Jr. wrote:

>Craig,
>
>The difference is gplink has a -l option which is
>is supposed to "Disable list file output."  Thanks
>for pointing out  a weakness in gpasm.

I forgot how much fun this is.  I am glad to be back :)

So you have a project whose target is my_build.hex.  You want to add a
-l to gplink to prevent it from generating a list file and keep another
file not generated by gplink but named my_build.lst in the same
project.  I will ask again, why?  Are you using some other method to
generate a list file?

A few years back I was working on fixing a gputils bug.  Can't remember,
but I think it was in the COD files.  Those files are managed the same
way the list files are.  Problem was the COD file I was debugging didn't
match the hex file because the COD file was being suppressed, but the
output file wasn't being deleted.  A very frustrating way to waste
time.  If it happens to me, I am sure others have experienced it.

If you have a real good reason not to do it, I am listening.  So far the
only thing I am hearing is you don't like it.