gnupic: Re: [gnupic] ubuntu and picprog

Subject: Re: [gnupic] ubuntu and picprog
From: "Maxim Wexler" ####@####.####
Date: 27 May 2006 19:54:07 +0100

Wow, all these responses. Thanks guys.

I did try the tarball but make is not on my system. So I had to install
build-essential. But that gave me an error and quit: "Subprocess gzip
returned and error code(11)". But then I checked the pkg.log and it said it
*had* been installed. And I noticed that it had quit *after* installing the
new libs. So I went and tried make && make dep again and this time it
worked. make install worked OK too, but failed when it tried to write the
man file.

That missing '/' looks serious. Not at my own machine today but will
certainly take a look when I'm back.

I *do* have a handicap bandwidth-wise: I live at the end of an eight mile
phone line. Only other choice is very pricey satellite.