gnupic: Re: [gnupic] GPSim Socket Interface

Subject: Re: [gnupic] GPSim Socket Interface
From: "Scott Dattalo" ####@####.####
Date: 24 Jul 2006 04:04:06 +0100

> Hi every body,
>
> Does anyone know a project that is using GPSim using its Socket interface
> ?
> I have not found any project on the WEB. SCOTT confirmed that the socket
> interface is working correctly, and I tried to get it working in JAVA but
> without success (I tried under Win32) :-(
>
> Any help arround that or any info about any wrapper for GPSim (in any prog
> language) will be very helpful.
>
> Please, help :-|

Sometime back in January of this year I disabled the socket interface. The
reason was that gpsim caused Windows to emit a warning about a malicious
or suspicious program or something along those lines. I think the proper
way to fix this warning is to inhibit the socket interface by undefining
'HAVE_SOCKETS' in the makefile.mingw (or defining it if you want it
built).

Anyway, once you build gpsim with the socket interface enabled, then you
should be able to run the Python examples in the examples/scripts/
directory. Read the README there. Let me know if you have anymore
questions and I'll try to respond in less than 4 days this time!

Scott