gnupic: looking for pic compiler to use...

Subject: looking for pic compiler to use...
From: "Jay Dagenais" ####@####.####
Date: 22 Aug 2006 18:22:35 +0100

 Yeah I'm sure there is many options available, sadly last night when I needed one badly I could not find jack. Basically I am just looking for something to compile some simple dc motor driver code but after I modify it the size may be a bit larger than most free-ware versions allow, plus I am going to need a full compiler at some point anyways, so. I am working under windows mostly due to the loader I am using . I can work with GUI or command line programs, under windows or linux.

 Also, I have tried downloading both Pikdev and a few other linux based PIC software programs, but have had no luck installing any of these open source types of packages. I try to use RPM as much as I can but always end up with package conflicts and dependancies. For the Picdev I was asked for a couple of libraries, LIBC was one I think and Libaudio the other I think. I was running Suse10 but recently found that there was no gcc under it so i bumped back to 9.2 which I had lying around and does have gcc and everything else. I have had a hard time locating the libaudio.so.2 files but managed to find libc. I have been told that my distro should have included these both, but whatever I guess...

 I guess I am looking for as much of a complete ready to use solution for developing with PIC's as is possible? I think that this was the main reason why I went to the AVR's and TI's MSP430 as there is better free tool sources available I found (R8C, HC12, Coldfire...) Again something running under windows would be best for now, but linux fine too. Thanks in advace all.