gnupic: gpsim CVS

Subject: gpsim CVS
From: Scott Dattalo ####@####.####
Date: 23 May 2001 06:34:39 -0000

"Real time"
Salvador has submitted a patch that displays the simulation time in the status
bar (previously, gpsim only displayed the number of instruction cycles). There
are four different formats selectable from a popup menu.

"frequency" command
Salvador has added a "frequency" command that allow you to control the
simulation frequency. gpsim's time is still instruction cycle based, but expect
some of the timing to be expressed in terms of seconds shortly.

"Pullup/Pulldown Resistors" Salvador had submitted a patch that added two new
commands called pullup and pulldown. After some discussion, I took this idea and
instead implemented it with gpsim's modules. So like the LEDs and LCDs, you can
now instantiate resistors and attach them to PIC I/O lines. Unlike the LCD and
LED, the resistor has no gui counterpart.

There's a new subdirectory: examples/modules/ that for now contains one project
subdirectory called "mod_test". The project is structured similar to the way
Craig has structured the gpasm examples. You can see it here:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/gpsim/examples/modules/mod_test/

It illustrates four resistors tied to PORTB on a 16c84.

I've added a new option to the module command that allows you to now set module
attributes. This was inspired with the need to modify the resistor module's
resistance, however it's going to play an important role for controlling
modules. (For example, I'm going to revist the stimulus sources and move them
all to modules. Their behavior will be controlled via the set attribute
interface.)

Scott