gnupic: Re: [gnupic] What after flashing a pic?

Subject: Re: [gnupic] What after flashing a pic?
From: ####@####.####
Date: 13 Sep 2006 22:11:21 +0100

Hello pierre,

No I didn't try out your project because of being too complex for me. I used instead Byron's Jeff programmer, though as soon as I start gettin into this I want to dig into your project more in deep.

The bootfile I've flashed into the pic is the file I exported as hex from mplab's project USB_Bootloader_Setup.EXE, and now I'm trying to make something like this work from linux:

http://pic18fusb.online.fr/wiki/images/Boot/USB-Bootload.gif

So I can start doing things like blinking leds and the like, and at least have some first experience about the whole process "the simplier way".

However I'd first like to be able to use libusb to connect to the pic, and for example retrieve some info.  As far as I've been reading, whether I want the kernel to recognize the pic it's bootcode needs to be assigned vendor and product's id. I've seen these within the known ids.

What I don't know if is the usb driver your refer is already present on my pic (due to the bootfile I loaded it with) or if it should be an application flashed on top of the boot-code, can you be a bit more explicit on this or to point me somewhere I can get more info on the subject?

I've been looking at fsusb's code, though I'm lost in where software desing meets hardware. Could I reuse your usb driver freely in case I already haven't got it? or it is dependent of an specific hardware configuration?

Kind Regards,