gnupic: Re: [gnupic] ethernet interface?

Subject: Re: [gnupic] ethernet interface?
From: William Estrada ####@####.####
Date: 17 Sep 2006 00:20:52 +0100

To all,

  I knew as was writing my plan that I was not giving enough info about my plan.

  I want to create a 'Dumb Terminal' that can be used either from a serial port or
an Ethernet address.  Phase one will be the direct serial port connection.  The next step
would be adding Ethernet support.  Without going into great detail, Phase One would not require
any special software, Phase Two would.

  The target computer could be a WRT54G with the hardware serial mod.  The plan is to build a
very cheap network user interface.  The user interface could be:
  1) WRT54G with serial mod, running OpenWRT.
  2) A keyboard
  3) A video display/panel (1024x768).
  4) The dump terminal interface ( This project ).
All together should not cost more than $200 new.

 The biggest problem I see, is the PIC to video interface.  And that is because my PIC
experience is not all that great, but I think it can be done.  I just need to get smarter.

  Granted that you can use a laptop but the cost is much higher per unit.  The whole unit
would be enclosed in a 'Tool Box' defined by the size of the display and keyboard.

  Sorry for not being more precise in the other postings.

William Estrada

Email      : MrUmunhum at popdial dot com
Resume     : www.Mt-Umunhum-Wireless.net/resume/william_estrada.html
HTTP       : www.Mt-Umunhum-Wireless.net