gnupic: Re: [gnupic] What programmer on linux notebook @ amd64?

Subject: Re: [gnupic] What programmer on linux notebook @ amd64?
From: marcellus ####@####.####
Date: 18 Sep 2006 19:50:24 +0100

Nicolas-4 wrote:

> On 9/18/06, marcellus ####@####.#### wrote:
>> Piklab does support icd2 over usb, but I dont know where to get the right
>> firmware for the icd2. Mplab has a firmware though, but its too new,
>> piklab
>> gives out a warning when connecting to the icd2.
>
> I would try with the new firmwares, as far as I know it should work
> fine (but please report any problem you have).
>
>> I too have a problem with running piklab in a user session, I don't want
>> run x as root just to be able to program the pic.
>
> What distribution do you have? Have you looked at
> http://piklab.sourceforge.net/support.php ?
>
> Regards,
> Nicolas

I have version 0.11.3 just grabbed it a couple of days ago and yes, I have
read the support site, but piklab can't connect to the icd. But I haven't
done anything with hotplug by now, but following howtos to get hardware
working.
Hmm, I have forgot to mention, that I don't use kde, but xfce4, I don't know
if that means anything, but it could. Have someone of you got piklab
connecting to usb in a user session?