gnupic: Re: [gnupic] Re: what after flashing a pic

Subject: Re: [gnupic] Re: what after flashing a pic
From: ####@####.####
Date: 19 Sep 2006 14:33:38 +0100

Hi there,

> > Could you explain what stopped you ? Reports are interesting to
> > improve"user friendliness" :-)

Sorry, I was reading this message again, and saw didn't reply this question.

It actually stopped me the fact that I fall into Jeff Byron's thvp tlvp programmers, which I saw much simpler, but it was just that.

I don't personally think there's something you should do in order to improve "user friendliness" (to spend some time in more extensive documentation is always a good idea in my opinion).

But I'm sure any one with background in electronics will find in your project an easily understandable (and a proper) one to follow, it definetely is the most complete I've seen within the free software comunity, providing hardware and applications for the whole process, from pic bootloading to programming, so thanks so much for sharing it with us. It's quite a reference point wherever you look at it.

I didn't want to mean I didn't get into it because nothing wrong it had, but just because I haven't got any background in electronics and saw it very complex, so was for a bit looking for something simplier.

I'm also the kind of person who tries to understand things from bottom to top, so for me it's normal to be months recaving information before deciding where to get to and get to do it.

Finally I'm starting to study your code, and your hardware. I want to mimic it by for example providing software for Byron's Jeff family of programmers, cose that's they way I learn.

Best Regards,