gnupic: Re: [gnupic] Line recievers

Subject: Re: [gnupic] Line recievers
From: Julian Green ####@####.####
Date: 26 Oct 2006 08:29:54 +0100

You could just try using a high ohm resistor. Somethign like 100k.  I have
seen an application note on the microchip web site that monitors the zero
crossing point in an AC waveform by connecting directly to mains supply.
There are protection diodes on every input of a PIC and provided you dont
exceed the input current no damage results.

Provided the output of your switch goes to zero volts the resistor will
work fine.

Julian