gnupic: Re: [gnupic] Newbie question

Subject: Re: [gnupic] Newbie question
From: Robert Pearce ####@####.####
Date: 7 Nov 2006 23:15:13 +0000

On Tue, 7 Nov 2006, ####@####.#### wrote :
>If the
>whole code is in one .asm file everything works fluently. But if I move
>the seven segment routine to second inc/asm file, the seven segment
>starts to work weirdly -> 0-2 works pretty ok, 3-5 are dim and 5-F the
>PIC hangs up.

I notice with the two file version you've put the cdto7 routine before
the main entry instead of after. If it's written right that shouldn't
matter, but without seeing the actual code it's the only obvious
difference. So, does it work if you move the
    #include "7seg_a.asm"
to the end of the file (just before the "end" statement)?

If it does then there's probably something wrong in the subroutine. But
I can't say anything more than that based on the minimal information you
provided.

By the way, are you just programming the chip and running it? Have you
tried using GPSim to simulate your code and see where it gets to when
single stepping?
--
Rob Pearce                       http://www.bdt-home.demon.co.uk

The contents of this | Windows NT crashed.
message are purely   | I am the Blue Screen of Death.
my opinion. Don't    | No one hears your screams.
believe a word.      |