gnupic: Re: [gnupic] Gtk-CRITICAL in GUI gpsim

Subject: Re: [gnupic] Gtk-CRITICAL in GUI gpsim
From: "Nestor A. Marchesini" ####@####.####
Date: 30 Nov 2006 04:25:13 +0000

Hi Robert
I have solved the problem.

(gpsim:13571): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_text_buffer_emit_insert:
assertion`g_utf8_validate (text, len, NULL)' failed

The problem they were not the GTK, It was in my locale, I use es_AR.UTF-8

[nestor@deselectronica ~]$ locale
LANG=es_AR.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE=es_AR.UTF-8
LC_NUMERIC=es_AR.UTF-8
LC_TIME=es_AR.UTF-8
LC_COLLATE=es_AR.UTF-8
LC_MONETARY=es_AR.UTF-8
LC_MESSAGES=es_AR.UTF-8
LC_PAPER=es_AR.UTF-8
LC_NAME=es_AR.UTF-8
LC_ADDRESS=es_AR.UTF-8
LC_TELEPHONE=es_AR.UTF-8
LC_MEASUREMENT=es_AR.UTF-8
LC_IDENTIFICATION=es_AR.UTF-8
LC_ALL=

[nestor@deselectronica ~]$ locale charmap
UTF-8

To change the locale in Mandriva2007 it is possible to use drakconf.

The spanish language, there uses the codification of characters ISO-8859-1
and the spanish with the symbol of the euro (EUR) the ISO-8859-15.
My original code was in ISO-8859-1 and it turns out that my linux
Mandriva2007
for default is UTF-8, in short, the problem they were the accents used
in the
commentaries of my code.
Now I use iconv to turn of format and the probema disappeared completely.

I to want to be grateful on a post in the last days, since I have
Mandriva2007
and it had the same problem of which on having wanted to change the size of
window of the RAM memory and of the window EEPROM memory it was closed gpsim
giving me a violation of segment.
Unload the libary gtk+extra-2.1.1.tar.gz and to modify the line 4152 as says
in the link passed and I can say this it was exactly the problem since now
gpsim it me works perfectly.
The steps were:

[nestor@deselectronica ~]$ tar /xvfz /gtk+extra-2.1.1.tzr.gz
[nestor@deselectronica ~]$ cd gtk+extra-2.1.1
[nestor@deselectronica ~]$ cd gtkextra
[nestor@deselectronica ~]$ cooledit --look cool gtksheet.c
change g_free(sheet->pixmap)
to     g_object_unref(sheet->pixmap)
[nestor@deselectronica ~]$ ./configure
[nestor@deselectronica ~]$ make
[nestor@deselectronica ~]$ su
[root@deselectronica nestor]# make install
[root@deselectronica nestor]# cp
/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/gtkextra-2.0.pc /usr/lib/pkgconfig
[root@deselectronica nestor]# cooledit --look cool /etc/ld.so.conf
add a line at the end with:
/usr/local/lib
[root@deselectronica nestor]# ldconfig