gnupic: Re: [gnupic] Gtk-CRITICAL in GUI gpsim

Subject: Re: [gnupic] Gtk-CRITICAL in GUI gpsim
From: "Nestor A. Marchesini" ####@####.####
Date: 9 Dec 2006 20:29:32 +0000

Hi Scott
Maybe I explained badly and with the urgency in sending the email I have
not changed the matter ... my excuses.
My code receives several commands codified in ASCII from the letter A to
the letter S, all in capital letters included the letter Ñ that is not
included inside the first 127 characters ASCII.
In the spanish language the letters of the alphabet are:

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N Ñ O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

Innocently I used the letter Ñ for a command, but then I find out that
in my new linux mandriva2007 for default
use UTF-8, for which elegantly the boys of mandriva have put a scrit in
perl in your FAQ that turns the names of folders and files from
iso-8859-1 or iso-8859-15 to UTF-8.

Therefore this one was not a fault in gpsim or in gpasm, rather the
problem I had it with the combination of my editor cooledit (the
fabulous editor cooledit of Paul Sheer) on having used movlw A'Ñ'.
Cooledit has the option to interpret UTF-8 and to show characters out of
the locale selected in the system,
but if does not know one like well these two functions work in cooledit,
is for confusion.
The matter is that to the assemble movlw 'Ñ', gpasm I was giving error,
then I was
removing the H'D1' and stopping H'C3', believing that H'C3' was the
character of the
letter Ñ, when really it is upside-down .. the whole confusion for not
dealing like there works the codification UTF-8.
Now and for compatibility with ASCII I have eliminated the command Ñ.
For if there is someone who still does not know it, the command to turn
from a codification to other one is iconv

Thank you Scott, now really covers me very well gpsim.

Regards

Néstor A. Marchesini
Chajari-Entre Rios-Argentina
ICQ # 50983752 colo