gnupic: Hello to list

Subject: Hello to list
From: Mike Crowe ####@####.####
Date: 3 Jul 2001 15:10:59 -0000

Hello
My name is Mike Crowe.  I am an electrical eng. who needs to get this
asmbler to work for the PIC16C745.  In particular, I need to compile
some asm code provided by microchip to work with the USB interface.  I
have several questions before diving in and modifing gasm code;

How big is this list, and should diff files be posted directly to that
list?
Is work being done to support the PIC16C745 by anyone else?

Typically what needs to be done to add a new processor? (add processor
type into proccesor.c and .....)

Is there a  document indicating what needs to be done to make this a
MASM complient asmbler?
I ask last question because the code I would like to compile has things
like "export" and "pagesel" in it that the latest cvs version of the
asmbler seems to choke on.  I don't know if its because the processor
isn't supported yet, or if the asmbler is non-complient.

Thanks for helping me to get started, I've always wanted to dig through
the guts of an asmbler.
Mike