gnupic: Re: [gnupic] Object File Bit Relocation

Subject: Re: [gnupic] Object File Bit Relocation
From: Robert Pearce ####@####.####
Date: 31 Jan 2007 22:49:23 +0000

On Mon, 29 Jan 2007, David Barnett ####@####.#### wrote :
>> For my current PIC application I knocked up a Python script that runs
>>before the assembler and generates a header file for all the flags.
>>It's a  tiny bit kludgy, but it works.
>Interesting.  Is that to solve the problem of packing arbitrary bits
>into bytes?

Yes. The application has quite a few boolean values flying around, so I
wanted a way to automatically pack them.

> I don't think it would do much for my current projects, but I'd like
>to see that sometime, if you don't mind.

I'll stick it on my web site when I have a moment. The scheme involves
putting specific comments in the source and careful generation of
Makefile rules and dependencies. Actually, I generate the dependencies
automatically too, and embed a unique build ID in the final code for my
home-brew calibration tool to confirm the PIC is running the same code
its variable map was auto-generated from. This is a paid project, but I
don't think I actually charged my customer for the build environment....
--
Rob Pearce                       http://www.bdt-home.demon.co.uk

The contents of this | Windows NT crashed.
message are purely   | I am the Blue Screen of Death.
my opinion. Don't    | No one hears your screams.
believe a word.      |