gnupic: Re: [gnupic] Where to find supported PIC devices list in certain gputils package?

Subject: Re: [gnupic] Where to find supported PIC devices list in certain gputils package?
From: "Mark Rages" ####@####.####
Date: 1 May 2007 05:44:13 +0100

On 4/30/07, soliton ####@####.#### wrote:
> Hello Mark,
>
> I could not see 16f88x in my gpasm -l list, therefore the conslusion is my
> current gpasm does not support these chips, although the .inc and .lkr files
> are included. Any clue or reference on how to add 16f88x chips support to
> gpasm?

Some ideas:

- Look for the link "Feature request" at http://gputils.sourceforge.net/

- Compile for another, similar processor that is supported.  The code
will probably work on your target processor.  You'll want a similar
processor with the same memory map.  microchip.com has a nice
comparison chart.

- Add the processor description line in libgputils/gpprocessor.c in
the gputils source.  I haven't done this myself, but it looks like
libgputils/gpprocessor.h has a description of the fields necessary.  I
would start by copying the line from a similar processor.

Regards,
Mark
markrages@gmail
--